Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Bazaaaaaaaar Baby!

I used to say, "What I don't like about Christmas is that it reminds me of how much money I DON'T have." Now, I say, "Oh, who cares? Let's go to the bazaar. I need retail therapy." Honestly, I go to almost every Enterprise Bazaar and Cuenca Park Bazaar even if I don't need to buy anything (as a friend of mine once said, "Why do we torture ourselves by being surrounded by things we want but don't need?"). But there really is something therapeutic about shopping. Even just window shopping. I can justify walking around the mall or tiangge (if you live north of the Pasig River)/bazaar (if you live in Makati and further south) as a form of exercise. Physical exercise as well as an exercise in restraint. I will never have enough cash to buy everything I want, everything I need, and everything I want to give to my family and friends. But I will always enjoy the act of trying to get all that. Didn't someone say that it's the thought that counts?

Post Script
Enter at your own risk: This coming Saturday and Sunday is the second weekend of the 13th St. James the Great Bazaar in Cuenca Park, Ayala Alabang Village. With over 450 stalls, it's the MOTHER of all Alabang bazaars! Look for SCENT RACK on the field. Lots of good, practical stuff =)

1 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger notsquare said...

i totally agree with you that shopping is therapeutic! i really do get so unstressed walking in the mall and along bazaars. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home