Monday, May 02, 2005

I'm Melting....

I don't recall such sweltering heat...It's ridiculous! I went for a swim this morning, but even the water was warm (I hope it wasn't because of the kids who swam before I did). Two bottles of Gatorade, my official summer drink and answer to all my health problems and hang-overs, could not save me. Neither could a mug of vanilla ice cream with strawberries. It was the mall - yes, the mall! - that became my saving grace. And my downfall. The airconditioning beat the heat, but my wallet was knocked out. I know, shopping is not a real sport. It's a sin. Hey, I did my Mother's Day shopping. And it's my Mom's birthday this weekend, too, so I did some "good shopping".

After swimming, I realised that I really should get back into shape (isn't cylindrical a shape?). Even my sister said swimming still makes her feel better than walking or biking. But I admit it! I'm a weakling! Just 20 laps and I wanted to die. It was not a good day to be a Gator. But I got a nice tan. So there.

Last kwento before I shut down: when one of my best friends told me he'd leave me his left-over cigarettes, I didn't think he'd actually leave opened packs that were either half or three-quarters full. One pack had just one cigarette. And there was one cigar, too. He's funny.

3 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, 20 laps? tremendous :)
-- Gabby

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it reached 35 degrees today!

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi carls,
haha.. they gave you the wrong cigs :) had about half a ream of davidoffs for you. left it near the phone by the pool table. ask for it na lang next time you are in the area...

mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home