Wednesday, November 02, 2005

What Vacation?

So here I am... at home... somewhat happy and sad to finally have my DSL restored (it was out for 6 days). I'm so not fully enjoying my vacation because (1) I still have a loads of work to complete (that sucks); (2) I need to study for an upcoming certification exam (ugh!); and (3) Layla doesn't live here. She lives with her parents. Although it is a mere 5 minutes away by car, I'd rather have her here where I can use up rolls and rolls and rolls of film on her.

Still...there seem to be more highlights than "low-lights". Of couse, the ultimate highlight was Layla's much-awaited arrival last Saturday. She is gorgeous! She has beautiful long lashes and a shock of dark hair. Definitely the apple of everyone's eye. Apparently, she goes to sleep to the soothing sound of Seal's unplugged album. Sosyal!

Another good thing that came out of this long-weekend/vacation leave was that I got to hang out with the XB's. That couple is always fun to be with. Hopefully, our plans to play a round of golf on Friday pushes through. We also vistited An-an and Jay's house in Verdana Homes, Cavite. This is An-an and Jay's first home and they're moving in this month. It's really exciting to see my friends "build" a house. It's very nice - Asian Modern - with high ceilings, lots of windows, a lot of light streaming in, good cross-ventillation.

Last week, in preparation for my supposed vacation leave, I borrowed 20 DVDs from my officemate (as if I can really go through all of them). Unfortunately, not all of the DVDs work. I got to watch The Animatrix, Mean Girls (I thought it was hilariousl!), Rock Star, Seven Samurai, and U2 Go Home: Live from Slane Castle. I was sorely disappointed that the Alessandro Safina concert DVD did not play. Neither did King Arthur. Oh well. I can't have everything, can I?

So off I go to have lunch. I'm going back to the talyer soon after to have my car's aircon fixed. Then it's back to work. Maybe I should turn my mobile phone off. And not answer my landline. And not log on to the internet. I should be an island. A vacation island. On this much deserved break. One day... this too shall pass....

1 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, Blogger me? suplada? never. =] said...

hey.. how do u make like... those links... u have on the site to ur "family friends and favorites" ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home