Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Glamorous Night

So Jemen - sporting her new short 'do and dressed in her "I'm single again" best - was here over the weekend visiting from Harry Honkers. She was looking to hang out at Capone's after dinner at her friend Ed's place. Patrick said a really cool band was going to play there at around 1AM. An evening with Jemen, Patrick, April, Hans, Marilen, Emil, Pia, Monchu, the other Patrick, lots of red wine, Jagermeister, San Mig Light, and a band that played lots of glam rock. What could go wrong? Thank God I decided to bring my Mom's driver! I haven't had that much fun outside Gabby's house in a while. Hahaha!

I can't remember the name of the band (something "and The Force". Someone refresh my memory). I only remember that the fantastic Daniel Crisologo was on guitar and that I was mildly disappointed that the band couldn't play Joe Satriani's Always With Me, Always With You or Forever by Kiss. However, I was *very* happy to hear The Outfield's Your Love and Mr. Big's Green Tinted Sixties Mind (not a lot of cover bands play those), and drunkenly enjoyed singing along to To Be With You (who didn't?), Until You Suffer Some (Fire and Ice) by Poison, Nelson's Love and Affection (wish Bianx was there to sing it with me), and of course, Heaven by Warrant. I think I surprised Emil (people at work tend to view me as serious). I don't understand why the band played I'll Be There For You *twice*, but it was fun! Guess who cursed his way through The Killers' Mr. Brightside? Hilarious! (yeah, man, when we're both cats).

Oh, how I miss live bands and glam rock until the wee hours of the morning. Next time, I'm requesting Signs by Tesla! Although I wonder...do you think they'd ever do the Marty Casey version of Baby One More Time? ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home