Saturday, July 28, 2007

Happy Girl, New Boy Toy

Meet Lucas, my Panasonic Lumix TZ3. Yes, I'm a traitor. I've gone digital. Somewhat. I haven't completely given up on Lucius, my Papa's old Nikon F2. I haven't replaced him with a digital SLR...yet. I just gave him a little brother (i.e., finally gotten a decent second camera that's not disposable!). Lucius is much faster and more "responsive" than Lucas; and he's a lot easier to control in an artistic sense (less buttons and all that). Fatherhood was right when he said the slowness of digital cameras would frustrate me, but he was spot on in recommending a Lumix over a Coolpix. What I really like about Lucas are the 28mm-280mm Leica lens in a very small package, the instant gratification of seeing what I took, and that I can delete my bad shots. What worries me, though, is his Intelligent ISO technology. Baka mabobo ako! And yeah, I never thought I'd make myself my own test subject either. I think compact cameras make complete narcissists of their owners.

I haven't fully explored what Lucas can do yet even if I spent all night reading through the instruction manual (and to think I thought I would finally get some sleep after finishing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows). However, I've posted some family pictures that I took with Lucas this morning on my private family album on Multiply. I like this paparazzi shot of the Teapot who kept posing for me during our family reunion meeting. Yup, that's her heavily lined hand. Apo nga ni Mad.

And yes, I name my favorite inanimate objects after men. Cars (Fred, Tank, George, Gamby, Luke), cameras,.... Thank God my toys come with instructions and that they can't break my heart!

Coming soon: new office-issued "There's a thing in my pocket...". Yippee! Boyfriend nalang! Hahaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home