Thursday, August 09, 2007

Melanisms

Quoting the one and only Ms. Melanie Marquez.

*****

My brother is not a girl; he’s a gentleman.

That’s why I’m a success, it’s because I don’t middle in other people’s lives.

Don’t judge my brother; he’s not a book.

I won’t stoop down to my level.

Hello? Bulag ka ba? Bingi ka ba? Are you dep?

‘Yung STD, baka sa maruming toilet lang niya nakuha yan.

We are lovers, not fighters.

Kapatid ko pa rin siya. We are one and the same.

I don’t eat meat. I’m not a carnival.

Eto na po ang pinakamaligayang pasko at manigong taon sa inyong lahat. (During her acceptance speech at a Metro Filmfest awards night where her bioflick, directed by her late father Temyong Marquez, won an award.)

Sumasakit ang migraine ko.

Ang tatay ko ang only living legend na buhay!

Period na talaga; wala nang exclamation point. (When asked on S-Files if her present husband, Adam Lawyer, is her Mr. Right.).

At a talk show after her break-up with Derek Dee, Melanie was asked if she had some words for Derek’s mother (whom she partly blamed for the separation). “Oo nga,” said Melanie, “pero i-English-in ko para maintindihan niya.” She looked into the camera and, with the peremptoriness of royalty, said, “And to you, Mrs. Dee, I have two words for you. Ang labo mo!”

I cudn't care a damn!...

What's ur next class bef0re this?..

You can fool me once, you can even fool me twice, you can even fool me thrice. But you can never fool me four!

2 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger 32 flavors said...

what about VILMAisms....or ALMAisms?

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Calai said...

let me look for those....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home