Thursday, January 06, 2005

How now, brown cow?

"Don't be hasty" - a lesson learned from the Ents. However, as I am frantically trying to get my work life back in order, a hasty post is better than no post at all.

Happy New Year! No new year's resolutions for me because I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. *Although*, I did plan to clean my room up a little more (it's happening, so I'm camping in B's room again...much to her chagrin), to work smarter, to keep in touch with family and friends more often, and to play badminton again (which I did the other day - first time since September! My officemates killed me!). So far, so good. All I need to do is stay on course and find a way for Max and I lose weight. Hmmm....

Entering 2004, I "foresaw" that it would be a difficult year. And it was. But it was good. Nothing great, but good. Lots of interesting changes at work. Very challenging. I do belive that 2005 will see the fruition of my and my officemates' hard work. GO GO GO! I also hope to travel more this year - maybe another trip to Ho Chi Minh City for work, a return to my beloved Bangkok, a visit to my family in the US, a long overdue trip to Europe with friends - who knows? If I control my budget and my team does well, maybe one or two of my travel dreams will come true. Hey, I work hard, but given the time, I party harder!

The most important lesson of 2004? Don't forget to pray. Or to be more precise, do not underestimate the power of prayer. As the Buddhists say, don't just ask for something, but be thankful for everything you have. There are more people out there who need a simple, happy, stress-free life than we do. Count your blessings, spread the love, and do your share for charity. Try it! You may be pleasantly surprised by how good it feels to receive gratitude for small things.

Cheers to 2005!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home