Tuesday, July 12, 2005

In Our Dreams

Of course, I attended the Neil Gaiman booksigning event in Rockwell last Saturday (I love you, Benjor! Thank you for one of the coolest birthday gifts I have ever had the good fortune of receiving). Of course, I got the first page of my favorite short story THE PRICE on my surprisingly beat up copy of SMOKE AND MIRRORS signed. It said "To Carla - dream safely. Neil Gaiman". And thank the good Lord that he signed Bianca's essay (he even drew a star on it), Alia's copy of the MIRRORMASK illustrateed script (where he bid her "Mirrorwishes"), and Paulina's copy of THE SANDMAN: PRELUDES AND NOCTURNES (with a silver pen, no less!). Of course, I got my picture taken with him (Sid, you still owe me copies!) even if Jay and Sid were completely floored when I executed Jay's dare, hence, no proof of "the kiss". Only witnesses. And what do I have to say about the whole memorable experience? I'm in love with the Dream King.

I got this text message from Jay yesterday: Gusto ko lang i-share. Sinulat ko sa journal ko: Dear Neil, where do dreams come from and where do they go when i wake up? Ang sagot nya: I could tell you in a way that would make sense, but only when we're both asleep.

4 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Your pictures are mine! mine! MINE!

 
At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool carls!!!!! can't believe you kissed gaiman!

did u kiss him on the lips? the forehead? the ear? where ba? :)

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Calai said...

Just on the cheek...had to gather loads of guts to do that, man. So not me!

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's your email addy? will send you instructions on how to download your pics. joey's as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home