Thursday, August 11, 2005

Thinking Mode

Can you tell that I'd rather be someone other than myself today, rather than simply doing something else?

I found this on the FAQ page of www.philip-pullman.com (Philip Pullman is the author of one of my favorite books, the "His Dark Materials" trilogy. I got my sister hooked on it recently).

His Dark Materials seems to be against organised religion. Do you believe in God?

I don't know whether there's a God or not. Nobody does, no matter what they say. I think it's perfectly possible to explain how the universe came about without bringing God into it, but I don't know everything, and there may well be a God somewhere, hiding away.

Actually, if he is keeping out of sight, it's because he's ashamed of his followers and all the cruelty and ignorance they're responsible for promoting in his name. If I were him, I'd want nothing to do with them.

And if you don't have anything better to do and want to test your knowledge of Harry Potter trivia (with questions such as "How many staircases are there in Hogwarts?" and "Why did Neville's grandmother cancel her subsciption to The Daily Prophet?"), check out this site:
http://www.mugglenet.com/games/trivia.shtml

By the way, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" made me cry. But "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" is still my favorite of the series. I feel like Book 6 is the "Revenge of the Sith" of the series, and Book 3 is "The Empire Strikes Back". That's just my opinion.

Any other good books out there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home