Saturday, September 03, 2005

Ramblings....

I have spent a good part of this year watching one of my closest friends fall into a black hole of his own doing. Sadly, all I can do is wish that I could pull him out. I have never seen him so sad. And I have never felt so useless.

During the first half of the year, I witnessed some of my friends' minor (and major) indescretions. Sometimes, I would let them get away with it. We have all unknowingly or unwillingly been victims at some point in our lives. No wonder I approach all relationships (simple friendships included) so very tentatively.

Not all of my friends have been getting along lately. What kind of people have I been meeting?

For the past couple of months, I have been in a state of malaise. It takes quite a bit to make me happy nowadays. But I try. For the sake of the people I love, I try. I'm so tired.

Last week, I found out that Max's hypothyroid condition is back. And it pains me whenever I get home too tired to play fetch. His happiness is my sanity, my reward. God, I love my dog.

My village is a mess. It's all Joey Marquez's fault.

Earlier this week, I saw a woman drag her screaming son into Starbucks Enterprise's smoking section.

This week, hundreds of thousands of Americans suffered the wrath of Hurricane Katrina. Despite all of the United States' relief efforts in other countries around the world during times of need, they're own government cannot find food and proper shelter for those hit by the storm.

The other day, Ty Taylor, not J.D. Fortune, was booted out of "Rockstar: INXS". I have always known that Ty was "noht roit foh ouh band, INXS", and I understand that because this was his third time in the bottom 3, he was the logical elimination choice. My mom was so affected, she cried when Ty cried, and she wrote to him on his blog. I am of the opinion that J.D. is being kept around for the human drama of the "reality series" part of the show (very Mark Burnett to keep an antagonist around a little longer). However, Ty did not need to pull the race card. Don't tell me that the legendary Jimi Hendrix and current hitmakers Lenny Kravitz and Seal do not properly represent "his people" in the world of rock n' roll. I can't name all rock artists of African descent, but one's ethnicity has never been a problem for me when it comes to music.

My friend started an ambitious blog, http://huli-ka.blogspot.com. I certainly hope that it works to reach his goal, a shared dream of many: proper and effective traffic enforcement. I'm proud of the fact that he's doing his part to uplift this god-forsaken country.

I have to work to a Saturday. My team might even have to work the entire weekend. For about 4 or 5 more weekends.

"And everything that seemed possible at 24, 25, is now just such a joke, such a ridiculous fiction, every birthday an atrocity." - Dave Eggers, "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius"

There is something wrong with this world. It scares me that my goddaughter will be born into a world filled with indifference. I hope that she grows up to make a difference.

4 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey carla, don't worry too much. just try to do the best you can. and thanks for the plug! am hoping to get a community going of irate commuters/drivers/etc. so that we can highlight the whole discipline and stupidity and what-nots in the metro traffic environment.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger daddychoy said...

hey, what happened to BF Homes? i read that part about joey marquez...is it paranaque in general or has BF been affected as well? say it ain't so!

glad ty's gone as well. unfortunately i didn't get to see the infamous "speech". or maybe i'm glad i didn't. i liked what leperpop said about it.

oh, and i'm glad that i don't drive in metro manila anymore, and instead drive in the OC, where i've been rear-ended twice in one month. one stopped in traffic, the other waiting for the red light to turn green. idiot drivers everywhere...

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Lilit Reyes said...

The best part about life is making other people's lives worth living.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home