Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Happiest Girl in the World


The Art of Star Wars Exhibit is now on display at the Singapore Science Centre Annex. Of course, I went there! It's the main reason I decided to add a little vacation time to this business trip (no brainer decision, really). Am I a geek or am I a GEEK? Is that photo up there the spitting image of the most excited fan in the world or what?!

Needless to say, the exhibit was simply AMAZING! It features models, matte paintings, costumes, a "life size model" of Anakin's Speeder from Episode II, storyboards, artwork, a foley studio where visitors learn to make and add sounds to the film (I got to be the "sound" of the leaves in the forest of "the far moon of Endor" in one of the scenes from Return of the Jedi where the Ewoks were beating up the Stormtroopers), a Jedi Gym to teach young padawans the way of the Force, and a movie theatre where they show The Making of Star Wars and other special features. I took a picture of Chewbacca's feet as it was the first time I had ever seen his feet! And Boba Fett's and the Stormtroopers' boots. I'll post more pictures soon as the Ramoses and I are on our way to the Singapore Zoo in a few minutes.

What a year it has been. I got to see my Dad again, I hing out with old friends and my cousins, I met Neil Gaiman, and I saw a part of movie history (the very fortunate series of events that contributed to my surprisingly happy childhood). I'm so happy!

Note to future STAR WARS fans visiting Singapore: The Singapore Science Centre is accessible via either the Red Line or the Green Line of the LRT (exit Jurong East), then by bus (#66 or #335). Entrance fee is S$18, inclusive of the entrance fee to the Science Centre itself which is really cool. The Art of Star Wars Exhibit runs until April 2006. May the Force be with you!

2 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

that's awesome, I'm terribly jealous :-)

 
At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

please repeat after me:

give your hp scarf to cat, give your hp scarf to cat, give your hp scarf to cat...

hehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home