Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Why Do I Do This?

Scare myself, I mean. I started watching A Haunting on the Discovery Channel. It's a show about true accounts of paranormal activity. Good God, the opening credits were f-ing creepy! Almost scared the shit out of me. The opening credits! It wasn't even the actual show!

So, here I was, blogging, checking my work email, and watching television at the same time (yes, I have mastered the art of multi-tasking. It's a required competency at Watson Wyatt). And the story starts. And I stop watching. I start listening to the show instead. Like any good horror flick, it's the music that kills you! AND the narration was freaky. It wasn't just going in my right ear and out the left. I somehow paid attention to every single word the narrator was saying. And when they re-enacted a poltergeist moved a drying rack full of freshly washed plates across the counter, I switched to Animal Planet. "Oh, look! Dogs! They're so cute!"

I don't know why I saw The Ring (both the Japanese and American versions, mind you). I don't even know why I saw The Ring 2! I even went to see The Others and was freaked out by The Sixth Sense. I guess sometimes, like the way some people say you need a good cry, I need a good scare. Reminds me that I'm human.

1 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger daddychoy said...

hey, which "A Haunting..." did you see? "A Haunting in Connecticut" was the first (and the best, IMHO). Kinda Poltergeist-y, with the portal to hell. "A Haunting in Georgia" was okay, and gave us Mr. Gordy, a favorite in our household.

These new incarnations are okay, I guess. I still think Noli de Castro's MGB Halloween specials are a bit creepier (although nostalgia might be coloring my opinion a bit).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home