Friday, June 09, 2006

Nothing Better To Do

...while I wait for the Germany-Costa Rica game to start.

I can't wait to see Disney/Pixar's Cars! It opened yesterday and I'm really excited about seeing it this weekend - cast or no cast! And I read Capone's review on www.aintitcool.com - we all have to wait for the end credits for an extra scene. And of course, Pixar's usual short film before the main feature and the blooper reel during the end credits.

So what's with the end credits? My sisters and I always sit through the end credits, blooper reel/extra scene or no. Those are the names of the unsung heroes of the film, the ones who did most of the legwork. The least we can do is read their names whether we know them or not.

Now, there are a lot of good movies (or so they seem?) coming out. Well some are already out. X-Men: The Last Stand, The Inside Man, Superman Returns, Pirates of the Carribean 2, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (dude, it's got good reviews! It supposedly outdoes the previous The Fast and the Furious films), Nacho Libre (starring Jack Black as a Mexican wrestler. Should be hilarious!), The Devil Wears Prada (although I haven't read the book), M. Night Shyamalan's The Lady in the Water, My Super Ex-Girlfriend (marketed on Yahoo! as "There's no fury like Uma Thurman scorned"). I hope this turns out to be a good movie year. What do you think?

Fred and JR want to see Superman Returns at the IMAX theatre in the SM Mall of Asia. That should be cool! And speaking of Superman, when I saw X3 in Singapore two Saturdays ago, the theatre showed the Superman Returns trailer. There's a part when someone shoots Superman in the eye, and of course, the bullet bounces off him. And almost all the kids in the audience went "whoaaaaaaa!" How can they not expect that? Don't they know who Superman is? That's sad.

I don't have the patience (or the inclination) to see something like The Break Up and Failure to Launch. I don't like Jennifer Aniston and I don't understand the appeal of Sarah Jessica Parker. Although SJP was good in The Family Stone (beautiful movie).

And speaking of beautiful movies, I finally saw The Cider House Rules on cable this afternoon. I really liked it. Last week, I finally saw Bukas Luluhod ang Mga Tala in its entireity on Studio 23. Yes, I'm a Sharonian!

I was so creeped out by the teaser trailer of Omen 666 when I saw it - alone! - in Cebu while waiting for V for Vendetta to start. Of course, I'm not going to see it! I didn't even see The Exorcism of Emily Rose or the re-make of The Exorcist. You've got to be kidding.

Other movies to look forward to? Well, they're not due 'til 2007, but there's Indiana Jones IV, Pirates of the Carribean 3, and Transformers. Lord knows what's happening to Lilit's Palanca award winning film. I'm waiting....

2 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger daddychoy said...

"Megatron must be stopped...no matter the cost." =) Goosebumps all the way...

Sorry to hear you're in a cast. Heal thyself soon!

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

clive owen was icily mesmerizing in inside man :)..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home