Monday, March 12, 2007

THIS! IS! A FANTASTIC MOVIE!

The problem with a film like 300 is that I can't find just one movie still or poster to post on my blog to share my appreciation. Each frame is a work of art. Director of Photography Larry Fong is a genius! The light! The color! The composition! Oh my God!

Here is but one of my many favorite stills (and scenes).

Actually, words escape me. 300 is an absolutely fantastic film. Simply amazing. It is visually stunning for many reasons (at least 300 of them!). As Bianca pointed out, it is what Alexander should have been. And I didn't recognize Rodrigo Santoro! I couldn't reconcile the fact that I knew he was playing Xerxes; I knew it was all just make-up and effects; I knew they used voice effects; but my God, they didn't have to make him look like Ru Paul! I wanted my Brazilian hottie and I wanted to enjoy looking at him. Nevertheless...there were enough...uh..."able-bodied Spartans" to choose from.
300 is not something you watch on dibidi. And if you ever buy the original DVD once it's released, you're going to need a LARGE widescreen TV to see it on. Go see it in the theatre. NOW. I saw 300 twice over the weekend. I wish I saw it on IMAX!
"Respect and honor." "Only the strong may call themselves Spartans." I can just imagine how Dexter is going to recite each and every line the next time we meet up with JR, et al. In the meantime, "Eat heartily...for TONIGHT...WE DINE...IN HELL!!!"

2 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Procops said...

epic!!awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i thought they were supposed to say 'hades' instead of 'hell' :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home