Wednesday, August 15, 2007

There's a thing in my pocket

(Yeah, I'm turning into a camwhore. Anyway...)

I finally received my office-issued plum Nokia N95 last Friday and am enjoying it! It's really "what computers have become"! It's got some glitches, though, but I can't complain. I got it for free! I just need to return it to the Company after 18 months. Sigh.

Pros:
- it's very pretty
- surprisingly user-friendly
- huge, bright screen (perfect for MMS)
- 5 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics, shutter speed up to 1/1000, macro focus, 4 flash modes (including red eye reduction), exposure compensation, white balance, scene modes, and still image editor. Hmmm...so now I have 3 cameras!
- GPS - which I haven't tried, but know will be very useful if I get lost (the trauma of our family trip to Hong Kong when I was 4 continues to haunt me)
- I can finally use the Nokia Chill ringtone that Hans sent me last year on a real Nokia phone!

Cons (and the first 3 are major bummers for me):
- teeny-tiny keypad. As in. Very difficult to type text messages. Nakakangalay. Potential RSI? And for some stupid reason, it's so much harder to text left-handed with this phone than others.
- big screen = more space for long text messages shown with this very small font that's difficult to read
- short battery life (the longest it's been on is about 20 hours)
- time in between shots is ridiculously slow (camera on the Sony Ericsson K750i, Moto RAZR MAXX V6, and Bianca's little first generation Sony Cybershot are much faster)
- confusing additional keys that weren't in my old Nokia 6610 (which I *love*. Sadly, the software crashed and was beyond repair). Due to my infamous stupidity with all things that are supposedly simple (like a Mac), I somehow deleted this really nice photo that my busmate sent me of Angkor Wat on MMS.
- camera supposedly goes up to 20x digital zoom, but the noise is horrible. Then again, I never really cared for digital zoom anyway.

Anywho, I haven't read the entire manual (5x the size of the manual Lucas came with) and I haven't tried the video, music and internet functions, among others. I'll post some sample shots in a bit. Meanwhile, the floor is now open for name suggestions.

There's a thing in my pocket. And I forgot that it was a phone!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home