Monday, September 24, 2007

Where in the World is Mike Garcia?

Seriously. I woke up this morning because JM called from Bangkok (ack! Roaming!). After doing my thing, I headed off to Las Ramblas to catch the last day of the Feste de la Merce. I have no idea where Gars is. It´s been that way for most of week - I´d be out and about and he´d either be working or just somewhere else. Anywho, all I know is that we´re meeting up back at the hostel at 3 this afternoon and heading off for Lisboa, Portugal. Woohoo!

So ends my week in Cataluña (hey, did the enye come out?). I didn´t see everything I should or wanted to, but how many people can say they were in Barcelona for the Feste de la Merce? Naks! In the words of Paolo Defensor, "Wild, pare, dude, sobrang astig, pucha pare, hanep!" Free concerts and dance parties all around. I have never seen sooo many people in one place at 4 in the morning. As in. Kalokohan. Pati yung metro punong-puno. Basta kung nasaan yung mga locals, doon din kami pumunta kahit wala kaming maintindihan. Saya!

The music scene here is great. I really enjoyed Titani (Cataluña-Valencia folk rock band), Ojos de Bruho (world music. Have you ever heard something like a salsa version of Bob Marley tunes? Coolness!) and Femme Fatale (Madrid-based band that´s like a cross between Morningwood and Siouxsie and the Banshees). I went looking for CD´s today, but most of the shops are closed. Apparently, almost everything here is closed on Sundays and holidays. Nakiki-fiesta din kasi sila.

In any case, hasta luego, amigos. Sorry, no pictures online yet. Gars has some great shots of last Saturday´s Fire Run and yesterday´s human castle building thingy. If I find him, I hope to finally convince him to post some pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home