Monday, October 22, 2007

The Iceman Winneth

I can write a ridiculously long post about the 2007 Brazilian Grand Prix, but I'll reserve most of my comments for a long drink and a smoke with anyone willing to discuss (and you know Joby and I have a lot to say about the cheaters). However, I must say...THAT WAS ONE OF THE MOST DRAMATIC RACES I HAVE EVER SEEN! Do you know how stupid it feels to yell, "What?! How?! Did you see that?!" when you're sitting alone in a hotel room past mdnight wondering how Lewis could make a mistake like that on the first turn? Oh, he but drove hard and well all the way from 18th place up to 7th. Beautiful!

I didn't think Kimi would win the championship (let alone the race). I mean, I was all for Kimi from the start of the season, really excited about his move to Ferrari and all that, and was just completely blown away by Lewis after Canada, but oh my gas! I thought Ferrari's strategy was to keep Massa in the lead, but with Alonso trailing Kimi in third, of course Kimi had to move up front. I nervously expected Alonso to catch up, but somehow he stayed far behind. And those pit accidents, wild! And the Hondas. And....

Man, it was so worth the wait. And worth waking up late for my meeting this morning. I love you, Kimi! I love you! I love you! I love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home