Thursday, June 26, 2008

Salcedo Weekend Market



Andaya and I were supposed to help build a school in San Pascual, Batangas as part of Chevron's many outreach and corporate responsibility programs. However, a flood on the South Luzon Expressway plus storm signal number 2 (c/o Typhoon Frank) deemed it unsafe to travel. The activity pushed through for my colleagues in Batangas, but those of us coming from the Makati office couldn't make it.

Since we were already in Makati and we both had never been to the Salcedo Weekend Market in Jaime Velasquez Park, Salcedo Village, we decided to check it out. Good thing Andaya joined me, too - she helped point out things to photograph (thanks, man!).

It was a gloomy morning, but the colors of the market were nice and bright! Definitely worth the trip, if only for the experience (Php120 for one NZ persimmon? Are they kidding me?) and to enjoy a slice of Vargas Kitchen buttercake or brazo de mercedes (yum-yum!).


Follow the link to view my Salcedo Weekend Market photo album on Facebook. I had a hard time uploading these on Multiply over the weekend, which is how the pictures ended up on another network. In any case, enjoy!

Oh, and order some buttercake from my cousin Ines ;)











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home