Monday, October 02, 2006

Keeping House

I spent the weekend watching the first season of House, M.D. on DVD (8 discs, roughly 3 episodes per disc). What else could I do? Typhoon Milenyo (international name Xangsane) literally blew into town, we lost electricity, and worse, we didn't have any water. Even The Palms Country Club and the Alabang Country Club ran out of water! The Alabang Town Centre was packed with people, but the generators weren't "strong" enough to power the airconditioners. So the best thing to do was to stay home and read by candlelight. When power was restored on Friday, we found out that it was limited to certain areas of our village. Some of my friends are still without electricity and water.

Despite our house having electricity, we still didn't have cable all weekend (we do now). Thank the good Lord for DVDs! (and Tita Shan for lending us House, M.D. Season One and Seinfeld Season Four the week before). Now, I desperately need a copy of House, M.D. Season Two because I can no longer wait for 10PM every Monday (it's not easy waking up at 5AM on Tuesdays, my car's color-coding day). I need to know what's happening at Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital! And I'm not one to go on the internet and read spoilers, so the suspense is killling me!

Dr. House is an ass, but I love him. He reminds me of...well...me. What I don't understand is why young girls are so attracted to Hugh Laurie (Dr. House). I like Robert Sean Leonard (Dr. Wilson), and Jesse Spencer (Dr. Chase) has been growing on me. I don't know why.

To me, House, M.D. is not a patient-of-the-week medical drama. I doubt that it's meant to make the audience appreciate the medical practice or to serve as an intelligent late night soap opera to remind us how boring real life can be compared to television. I like how it explores human nature. I like how it explores Dr. House's nature. I like how it helps me read and understand other people. I like how it fixes me. Keep them coming, David Shore. Keep them coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home