Friday, September 01, 2006

Shocking News

First off, the Dark Horse has fallen. I honestly did not expect Ryan Star to go so soon. I thought Storm would be told she was next to go, for sure. Supernova are probably keeping Storm around for eye candy. When Rockstar: Supernova started last July, I couldn't care less for Ryan. But as his performances improved week after week, he grew on me. I particularly liked his rendition of Losing My Religion and even enjoyed listening to his original song Back of Your Car (although it does sound like Marty Casey and the Lovehammers' The Tunnel). My money is on Storm to go home next week.

I can't decide who's right for Supernova at this point. I take it back - Dilana is not this year's Marty. Marty came in the form of Ryan and Magni for Supernova. I'm glad my vote for Magni helped him garner the highest votes this week, but I don't think he's right for Supernova. Toby's great and is a safe choice, but is somewhat forgetable. He's growing on me, too, though. Gabby think's he'll win. However, in my opinion, it will all boil down to choosing between that mumbling poser Lukas (plus points for being a good writer and arranger. Makes for a good producer, actually, but not a singer) and the either-you-love-her-or-you-hate-her psycho Dilana (can Supernova handle her?). I've been wrong before. Stay tuned!

Second, The Donald has fired Carolyn! Something about her stardom as Donald Trump's sidekick on The Apprentice getting to her head. That's sad. Seriously, I was shocked when I read this on msn.com earlier. Carolyn?! How? Why?

Third, I lost my voice. That's actually shocking to my officemates as I am usually talkative. I picked up some virus last week and I've been on sick leave most of this week. I think between not being able to walk properly and not being able to talk, I'd rather be lame. I missed my voice yesterday. I'm happy to be able to speak without pain in my throat today.

And lastly, apparently, there's not much improvement in trying to contain the oil spill in Guimaras. Or is that not shocking to some of you considering the government is involved? I can't say much about it online, but I will say that Chevron has been providing assistance and has taken steps to ensure a similar incident will never take place in the future. We don't have the most strict safety rules and regulations for nothing (now I know why we're run like a school). Please do what you can for the people of Guimaras. Participate in the online petition. Cut your hair and send it to Guimaras. Send food, water and clothes to those who have been displaced. Pray. At this point, I think most of you already know where my Christmas money is going this year.

What a week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home