Thursday, July 27, 2006

Rockstar Rundown

Rockstar: Supernova is really starting to feel like a Mark Burnett show. It's my new not-so-guilty-pleasure. The man is interested in group dynamics, and where Rockstar: INXS had rather diplomatic players with drama that seemed to come only from JD Fortune, Rockstar: Supernova has Survivor written all over it. And it's nearing that point where I will be irrationally consumed by and ridiculously passionate about the show, and will no longer be able to function properly.

Some of my friends and I are routing for Dilana. Who else can make Time After Time rock like that? (The Everything But the Girl re-make is still my favorite, though). However, Fred's guess is that Dilana's too good for Supernova. His SMS after this week's preformance show read "I just think it's wrong for her to join Supernova. She can have a great solo career. Let them have Lucas (sic). He can't make it on his own." Which means I may be right in guessing that Dilana is the Marty of this competition. Lukas is still this year's JD, not Zayra as others may think. I think he's a poser. But I like how he did Bittersweet Symphony. And good Lord, how could Zayra messed up Like An Addict? (Layla's new favorite-song-on-Tata's-nightime-repertoire). Ay-yay-yay.

Now, if you really want the inside scoop on Rockstar: Supernova, one of the best places to go is www.curlio.com, and I found this thread about what really happened on last week's elimination show - http://www.curlio.com/article/8928/Rock_Star:_Supernova_questions_commitment (scroll down and look for Sprout's entry). Basically, Bobblehead Phil was quoted in a newspaper saying he was just using the show to promote his band, and that he didn't care much for Supernova (insert big red lights saying IDIOT!). You can find the news article that Dave Navarro read out loud after Phil was eliminated and the cameras were turned off here - http://www.delmarvanow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060707/LIFESTYLE/607070304/1024.

And because I can't stand Ryan Star, I got a kick out of this bit of Sprout's report:
"Ryan on the other hand is a different story – he is hell-bent in breaking her [Dana's] confidence! He is a creep and finally, he got a reality check! Surprisingly, they edited every bit of Jason’s comments addressed to Ryan! Jason actually was in a relentless mood and he kept on attacking Ryan for his comments – so much so that at one point he said that though Ryan criticizes Dana – every chance he gets – Dana’s voice and stage presence are in fact better than his! Ryan tries to explain himself, but Jason was not in the mood and he kept on hitting Ryan where it hurts the most – his ego!"

Gotta love Jason Newstead!

Other places I go to for my Rockstar fix are http://leperpop.blogspot.com and Dave Navarro's blog www.6767.com. I've been visiting these sites since Rockstar: INXS and have been very entertained by Sid F'er's and Moist Rub's "reviews". Hilarious! And readers get so much more insight regarding the show from Dave (yeah, close na kami. Hahaha!). When all else fails, there's always www.sirlinksalot.net/rockstarsupernova.html where I found this - http://www.jokersupdates.com/jarticles/article.php?article=926.

Last, but not least, I found the next two paragraphs on http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article9791.art&page=1:

"The second singer in the bottom three is… Zayra. Yay! Thanks, everyone, for not voting. We get her P&CCP. Laughing, Gilby tells Zayra that this might be the last time she sings here. Please, please, please. She’ll be doing “Not an Addict” (which she calls “I’m Not an Addict,” but whatever) by K’s Choice. Another song I’m not familiar with, though I’m somewhat familiar with K’s Choice (mostly because they perform “Virgin State of Mind” in my favorite episode of Buffy). Instead of rocking out, as she’s been told repeatedly to do, Zayra has chosen an acoustic, stripped-down song meant to highlight her voice. We all know how that goes. It sucks. For the first time I wish Simon Cowell were here to tear her to shreds. Girl can’t sing. I wish I could turn this off but I’m not allowed to. Am I? No? Darn."

"Zayra, la cucaracha, is relieved because she (and all of us) thought she would go. She can’t believe she’s still here and she gets another shot. She’ll use it the best she can because this is a miracle. Ug. I leave you with a quote from one of my faithful readers, Steve, who fired this off to me minutes after Phil’s elimination: 'Apparently, Satan wasn’t satisfied with J.D.’s soul from last year. He now has made a deal for Zayra’s, too.'"

After closing the article, the bottom of the webpage has this to say about the writer:
"Jenn Brasler is an Assistant Editor of Reality News Online and an aspiring writer from Falls Church, Virginia. By day she works for a court reporting firm, and by night she’s a spy for a covert branch of the CIA. You can e-mail her at luckyjenn@hotmail.com. She thinks Supernova has lost their minds."

I want to have a conversation with this Jenn Brasler. I think we're going to enjoy bashing Zayra together.

I'm hooked. I'm so hooked. And it's baaad. As Bianca would say, "Damn you, Mark Burnett! Damn you!"

***

For more information on the fantastic Dilana Robichaux, visit www.dilanarox.com.

1 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally get why people think Dilana is good but to compare her to Marty is a putdown to Marty. Marty could bring it every which way. Dilana is one dimensional...its only a matter of time until Supernova gets tired of her screaming/singing. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe she'll go through a transformation as everyone left needs to do and she'll show some depth. Until then I don't see her going nova or solo...

And, since I'm throwing my two cents around anyway, as ridiculous as this may seem, Zayra is no JD. and vice versa. I'm no JD fan, but his vocals are far better than anything we've seen from Zayra...and I'm not saying I don't dig what Z brings to the stage. Its fresh and not contrived (like dilana)...unfortunately its also usually flat.

there, i'm all out of pennies...

nice blog.

-smooth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home