Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Late Night Snack for Thought

I just read this on Jeanette Winterson's online journal for November.

"The kindness of strangers is a wonderful thing, and renews faith in the world, and defies the scientific hocus-pocus of selfish genes. Not everything we do is for personal gain, thank god, or even because we hope one day that someone will be kind to us in return. Sometimes there is love - a very unscientific emotion that is always surprising."

"...I suspect that love has a number of different speeds. Sometimes it will belt the universe as fast as light or faster. Sometimes it will take a slow train through France."

"It may be that love is a good speed selector, and teaches us the right movement for all that we need to do, Maybe love, the most unscientific of criterion, is exactly the yardstick we need to make our judgements.

"I don't what else can get you out of a Black Hole."

So that piece was kind of a nice way to end my very tiring day (and a very sad episode of Grey's Anatomy). I've been up since 5.30 AM. It's now close to midnight, and all I've been doing is working! It's been a Watson Wyatt Data Services day! Can't wait 'til this all ends on Friday. Then I'm off to the Ministry of Sound in Clark Quay with my classmates Rit-rit, Jolee and Geia, the kind souls who have been humoring me all week. Too bad our schoolmate, upperclassman Mia, can't join us.

And so I bid you a warm "Good night" from my very comfortable room at the Intercontinental Hotel in Singapore. I really miss Max, my unexplicable savior from an unfathomable Black Hole. Dogs do that, you know. And being away from my dog is the worst thing about travelling. Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home