Saturday, November 24, 2007

Begun Jedi Training Has

We were supposed to wait until she turned 5 (and we agreed that she would see it in the same order we did), but while channel surfing this afternoon, we found Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope on Star Movies. And yes, my 2 year old niece sat through most of it. Hey, at least she started with the right movie and not The Phantom Menace. I brought out my red plastic lightsabre which she seemed to enjoy playing with it. She copied the sounds and movements when Luke Skywalker was practicing with the training droid (she's really one of us!). She only put it down during Darth Vader and Ben Kenobi's duel. Then held it up again and ran around making blaster noises (wrong sound effects!).

We're watching The Empire Strikes Back now, but Layla lost interest in both the lightsabre and the film sometime before Han Solo, Princess Leia, Chewbacca and C3-PO realised they were not hiding in a cave. I guess we really do have to wait until she turns 5 so she can sit down and concentrate on what's happening onscreen. I'm actually excited by the thought of ushering my goddaughter into this geeky new world. I want to see her reaction when Luke battles Vader in the cave in Dagobah and the mask burns off to reveal his own face. I want to know how she feels after Vader says, "I *am* your father". After watching Peter Pan so many times, she asked us to get her Nana for Christmas. I wonder if she will ever ask for her own C3-PO, R2-D2, Chewbacca or bantha like my sisters and I did. She probably will. The Force is strong with this one....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home