Friday, April 27, 2007

Are You Ready?

I just can't wait until the film version of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix comes out. Really! Check out the trailer " target="_blank"title="HP5 trailer">here. Book 5 is not my favorite of the series, but I'm in too deep to stop caring about J.K. Rowling's characters and wondering how Warner Brothers will interpret each novel. They upped the ante with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (still my favorite Harry Potter book and movie) which I saw twice at the cinema. I also saw the 4th Harry Potter movie twice.

Not only is the latest Harry Potter film installment coming this July, but the last book of the series is due out as well. To prepare, I've started reading the series again to "review". It's interesting how many hints are dropped in each book that leads to rather shocking revelations in later on. Things as simple as the Weasley Twins' joke shop start in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (the most boring, in my opinion).

There are a lot of good movies (or what we think are going to be good movies) this year, some of which have yet to be released. 300. Pan's Labyrinth just opened here. Bianca and I are going to watch it this weekend. Spider-Man 3 is opening next week. Grindhouse hasn't made it's way here yet. Ocean's Thirteen is coming. Shrek the Third. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Transformers. Stardust. The Golden Compass. The Hoax. Paris, je t'aime. Fanboys. Revenge of the Nerds (yes, a remake is due out in August, if I remember correctly). December Boys. There are a lot of great things to be ready for. Tantan tanantan tantan tan tan tanantan tantan....

2 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Blogger Procops said...

tagal pa yan -- spidey3, shrek 3 and pirates muna for may. :) :)

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger daddychoy said...

It's a pity that everyone in the movie franchise seems to have grown taller (since OOTP) while Harry remains...short. Ron has grown like a weed, but Harry? Hey, cut his hair, he might appear taller. =)

Anticipating Deathly Hallows more than this movie, but I'll still watch it. The big movies for me this year are Transformers and POTC: At World's End.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home