Friday, May 25, 2007

Conspiracy Theory

I never knew that I could last 30 minutes on the elliptical machine (you know, that cardio gym thingy that kind of works like a stepper?). I normally get dizzy after 10 minutes on it, but last Wednesday, all the treadmills at Gold's Gym Glorietta were full. I was hoping to catch part of the last performance show of American Idol. So I told myself, "F--- it. I want to watch the show and I need to lose weight" and hopped on the elliptical machine facing a wall of tv screens, plugged in my earphones, and wanted to die. Chris Daughtry (yeah, what's with the eyeliner?) was my only saving grace.

I missed the finale yesterday, but checked www.curlio.com (I cannot live without Curlio when AI and Rock Star are on) around 11AM and talked to Bianca who caught the show at home. I was all for Melinda throughout the season (the judges did constantly remind us that this was a singing competition. Yeah, right. Go Vote for the Worst!). Despite how boring this year's AI was, I was still hoping for a Melinda vs. Blake or Melinda vs. LaKisha finale (something to bide my time while waiting for CSI on AXN at 10PM on Wednesdays and to make up for poor programming all around on Thursdays). As if I didn't know Jordin would win (check out Roman's and Gabby's blogs for their rants and raves). And then Bianca pointed me to Entertainment Weekly online where she found this:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: How did you deal with having to perform ''This Is My Now''? It seemed so... not you.
BLAKE LEWIS: [When I first heard it] I was like, really? All right. I gotta sing this song, shake hands with it, make friends with it. And hopefully perform it well. It's definitely not my style. That track would never be on my album.

Did you think about rearranging it?
They wouldn't let me do that, because it was the song that won the contest. If it had been a song for me and a song for Jordin, I think that would've been a lot different. They could've picked two songwriters.

We was robbed, preciousssss!

For more Idol commentary, go to
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20007164_20008533_20040053,00.html and to http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20039904,00.html (my sentiments exactly! Especially "if the best song that America's aspiring tunesmiths can come up with is 'This Is My Now,' then bring back the people who gave us 'Do I Make You Proud.''' Bwahahahahaha!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home