Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Old Pictures: Porsche Club

Just wanted to share some pictures that I took at my dad's Porsche Club meeting at Denny's in Mt. Diablo, California back in June 2004 (yes, I finally have time to upload photos!). This was around the time he injured his foot and couldn't drive properly without pain. The dutiful eldest daughter with a need for speed came to the rescue!


His is the 2000 Boxster S. Manual transmission, of course. Siya pa. Needless to say, Celso is not allowed anywhere near it. Hahaha!

We left Pittsburg at around 6.30AM (I got to drive. Woohoo!) and breakfast had already started when we got to Denny's (yes, I'm a slow driver. Well, it's not my car and I didn't want to wreck it). They were welcoming new members and planning to spend a weekend driving in Monterey. they still owe me my PCA pin, by the way. Hmmm....

Most of the Porsche Club members I met were either retired or retiring. A few were around my age, some were my dad's age. Many still had the Porsches they bought as college students. My dad's was a retirement gift to himself. Then he had to get another a job to continue paying for it!


The cool thing about this Club is that they organize trips and races around California; sometimes in other states as well. During breakfast, I was told that a 70 year old lady won one of the races. Coolness!

This is my favorite picture. It's a typical car photo, but I was so proud of myself when it came out. I don't know why. It's nothing great. It's not as fantastic as my shot of the Harley-Davidson Las Vegas showroom roof display, but...I don't know. I just can't explain why I like it.
Whenever I show these next 2 pictures to Layla, she says "Drive!" Ask her what kind of car she's looking at, and she'll happily reply "Porsche!" Good girl!



So how about being a photographer for C! magazine?

1 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger Procops said...

nice pics! 2004? 3 yrs ago? whoa!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home