Friday, May 25, 2007

Sci-Fi List

There's a lot of stuff on Entertainment Weekly to pass the time, like this article:
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20036782_20037403_20037541,00.html

What did I agree with?
  • Aliens
  • Blade Runner
  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - although I would have classified it as a "drama" rather than a "sci-fic" pic.
  • The Matrix - as far as I'm concerned, the last two Matrix films do not exist.
  • Star Wars: Clone Wars
  • V - Bianca and I used to look forward to it every week. It was on every Monday on RPN9, I think.
  • The X-Files - and we all know how obsessed Bianca, my old officemates Jerome and Liza, and I became with this series. My God!

I'd include Heroes, but I've never seen it (surprise!). I'd throw Lost in, too, but I haven't been following it, so I'm just so...uh....lost. Yes, I know, I should go out and buy the dibidis.

What did EW miss?
  • Automan - yeah, it was soooo baduy, but I enjoyed it and wanted my own Cursor.
  • Space Balls - "Raspberry...Lone Star!" Classic!
  • Star Wars - probably because it was a shoe-in.
  • The Twilight Zone - I will never forget this one black and white episode where many were killed in an earthquake, but one man survived. He realised he was the only one left, went to the public library and started re-arranging the books because he finally had all the time in the world to read. And then he tripped. His eyeglasses fell. His eyeglasses broke. He could no longer see. He sat down and cried. The End.

Star Wars and The Twilight Zone are on this list, though: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20036782_20037403_285332,00.html

I cannot believe they put Starship Troopers on the Top 25 list. It was horrible! Robert Heinlein must have been turning in his grave! The book was fantastic. I read it twice! The movie was absolutely nothing like the book. The army was supposed to be made up of mostly Filipino soldiers on the ship Magsaysay. Did you see any Filipinos in the film?

So what would you put on your top sci-fi movie/tv show list?

3 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Blogger daddychoy said...

I actually agree with everything on this list (except for those I haven't seen yet). Some (X-Files, Firefly) should be higher, and Tron is missing.

Speaking of Automan, where's Manimal? And the cheesiest granddaddy of 'em all, Knight Rider?

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Movie Maven said...

found your blog randomly and i just have to say that i LOVE that ep of twilight zone!! i could watch that show for hours on end...and have. :)

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Bianx said...

I think we watched V on GMA 7.

Meanwhile, I caught X-Files mainly for DD and just watched most of the shows with my hands or a pillow in front of my eyes, heheh ;)

My favorite Twilight Zone episode is the day this guy realizes that language is changing (dog = Wednesday), wild!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home