Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Finally, Heroes!

I know it's on RPN9, but I didn't get to start it last month. I don't like starting a series that everyone's been talking about right smack in the middle of the season, although that's how I got turned on to House, MD which is easy to follow.

Star World has been showing it, too. Except in the Philippines. We get Grey's Anatomy instead. How dumb is that? (Sorry. I have no love for that show. It's Melrose Place in a hospital).

Finally, the Crime/Suspense channel, with sponsorship from Caltex with Techron, presents Heroes (Big oil company saves the day!). The first episode aired last night and my family sat still to watch. We almost forgot about CSI: New York. Smallville meets The X-Men, indeed. Now I know why all my friends who've seen Heroes knew I'd get hooked.

Hiro is easily my favorite character despite his being a Trekkie. Trekker. Whatever. Don't worry! Some of my closest friends are Star Trek fans who don't think much of Star Wars, so we're square. In any case, I can identify with Hiro simply because he's a geek. Tito Masa said that the Japanese actors on Heroes are obviously American-born because their accents are weird (I wouldn't know. Then again, if someone spoke Tagalog with a different accent, a Manilenyo would pick it up right away). I like the visual style of the show; and I like how the subtitles were placed right on the screen next to the characters speaking, not at the bottom.
So there go my Monday nights. It's Heroes at 9 on C/S then CSI: New York on AXN at 10. So many good shows, so little time. I need the dibibidis!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home